A childrens adventure book, written and illustrated by me! A project very close to my heart.
- The book is a dedication to my Grandad Bill, he was an inspiring, kind and hilarious man. He had the funniest sense of humour and he was always brimming full of energy with a smile on his face, no matter what. In his later years, he was diagnosed with Dementia.
- The book takes you on a magical adventure with Mr Wizard (A.K.A Grandad Bill). I created this book to help both children and adults understand Dementia a little more, but in a way that is light-hearted and filled with magic.
- It can be a super tricky subject to talk about within your family and I feel like my book should help you along the way. It's also a great way to open up a difficult discussion and making it easy and full of love.
- I was shocked at how Dementia was portrayed within other children's books, where the main focus is the dementia and the negative effects, rather than a focus on the person and the ways in which you can help. I was also shocked at how little resources there are to help children understand in the form of a children's picture book. I feel it is important to see the person first before the dementia.
- The illustrations are created using handmade 3D puppets and huge detailed sets which I have photographed and bought together. I am very much inspired by Wes Anderson and Aardman.
- 50% of all proceeds raised will be donated to Alzheimers research, in the hope that we can find treatments for Dementia. "Our vision is a world where people are free from the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia."- Alzheimers Research UK.
- 34 Pages filled with magical illustrations!
- Comes gift-wrapped, in a gorgeous high quailtiy custom designed tissue paper, with a free A5 surprise print and protected in a box.
- Best suited for children aged 5-7. Although children and ADULTS will be sure to enjoy the book.
Thank you so much, I hope you love your new book and feel great for supporting such an important cause. :-)